Act 235 certification is required to work most armed public safety jobs in Pennsylvania, unless the job is considered law enforcement and in that case, it would be Act 120 certification that is required. Act 235 certification is required to work any armed security job in Pennsylvania.
Act 235 Weekend Location (On Selected Saturdays)
968 Postal Road, Suite 315
Allentown, PA 18109
Act 235 Weekday Location (Call for Appointment)
930 N. 9th Street
Stroudsburg, PA 18360
Act 235 Online Application
Other Helpful Links
Recent News & Updates
- If you have questions about Pennsylvania’s Act 235 certification process . . .
- Do any medications disqualify you from receiving the Act 235?
- If one is a certified and current police officer in New York State, is Act 235 required to work public safety in Pennsylvania?
- Updated Act 235 Psychological Examination Requirements
- I’ve got a permit to carry but haven’t purchased a firearm yet. What if I want to take the test just to see if I’m worthy psychologically?